Businesses, large and small, that retain client or employee personal information are required to comply with privacy laws and regulations. This includes implementing “reasonable measures” to safeguard personal information and protect it from hackers.
In this one-hour program, speakers will discuss what constitutes “reasonable measures” and best practices in the prevention of, or recovery from, a data breach.
Topics will cover the legal, technical, and security implications of data privacy, including:
• Assessing your current cybersecurity practices and risk exposure;
• Implementing best practices to ensure greater protection;
• Coordinating crisis response and management post-breach;
• Notification to affected individuals and enforcement agencies;
• Litigation preparedness; and
• Revising privacy, information management, and data storing and sharing policies post breach.
• Adam Brouillet, Cybersecurity and Commercial Litigation Attorney, Trenam Law
• Richard Dean, United States Secret Service
• John Fay, Abacode Cybersecurity